So while I was away the school compost bin tht I got went bad. The lady I had left in charge made the bi too wet. It had started smelling bad and the moong bean sprouts that had been disposed off there had grown loooooooong roots. I had already noticed the fly maggot problem when I had looked in during the vacations. So I have let the bin dry out a bit by turning it and adding a lot of sawdust. I have also added shredded paper to the bin. Since most of the waste I’m adding is kitchen waste and very little carbon the problem of course had become acute. Fingers crossed.
The amazing thing is the wealth of information available over the net. I’m really thankful for it everyday. It had always been a boon for an introvert like me.