The only accurate review I ever found of Wuthering Heights:
“How a human being could have attempted such a book as the present without committing suicide before he had finished a dozen chapters, is a mystery. It is a compound of vulgar depravity and unnatural horrors.“
–Graham’s Lady Magazine
I might become a Gardner this June 😺
So this is from my examination notes for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. I plan to apply to the comic I was planning to write a few months back. Is it possible to write with such a mechanical plot? I find that my favourite m/m novelist is able to write with a formulaic plot. She chalks out the details obsessively. Georgette Heyer does the same. I must read her more.
(I should try it out in June after my papers, but who will remind me?)
• Entertain not correct
• Emphasise accepted social values: Love that results in marriage and not Adulterous/Obsessive Love
• Eliminate the threat to harmony
• Court (obstruct love)—>Pastoral (Fertile/encourages love)—> Court (healthier now)
• Aristocratic Couple fall in love
• Can not marry -family feud/social incompatible/do not know they’re in love(Twelfth Night)
• Come together by external agencies-secret revealed/trick of others
• Story always ends in marriage in the final act
• Characters of lower social class/or act as such
• Parody of main plot
• Sort problems of main characters wittingly or unwittingly
I’m Tom Jones minus the chivalry and fearlessness and virility (i.e., the good parts)😷.
Ok. Lucifer 4 has started preaching about cops racial profiling. Typical.
This season 4 of Lucifer. You can actually make out that it’s made for Netflix.
I’m 53 in the adoption waiting list. I guess I’ll get a kid by Jan. Do I really want to do this?
Gaming exams is easy. You just have to study a lot.
(MA exams in 2 weeks.)
Perhaps, for some little time, we had some purpose?
I spilled ink all over my sketchbook. Also I had thrown a bed sheet over the table to iron shirts-didn’t remove it cause I’m lazy-it has ink over it too. 😷